LINKS: [Oregon Revised Statutes][Oregon DMV] [DMV Hardship Form] [DMV Accident Report] [Application to Governor for Remission of Fines] [Expungement]
CITY OF WINSTON MUNICIPAL COURT
THE HONORABLE ANDREW D. JOHNSON, PRESIDING
Municipal Court is held:
When: The 1st & 3rd TUESDAY of the month.
Time: 9:00 am
FOOD, DRINKS, CELL PHONES OR WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ARE PROHIBITED IN THE COURT ROOM.
You may contact our court clerk Katie about:
- Discussing your citation and options, prior to your already scheduled court date.
- Municipal Court appearance date and time.
- Fix it ticket questions.
- Payments by phone of $25 or greater.
She can be reached Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
If you get the recording, please leave a voice mail and she will return your call as soon as possible.
Location of Court and Clerks office: 201 NW Douglas Blvd.
Winston, OR 97496
If you have a trial, please contact your ATTORNEY for trial information.
What to expect during court:
- Check in with the officer located at the front of the courthouse.
- Remove sunglasses & hats.
- When your name is called stand and address the Judge.
- The Judge will explain your charges to you and ask for your plea.
- A continuance may be granted if you need time to discuss the matter with an attorney.
- ADVICE WILL NOT BE GIVEN TO YOU BY ANYONE IN THE COURT ROOM.
- You may plead Guilty; and give an explanation to the Judge for consideration on sentencing.
- You may plead Not Guilty; and contest the charges. The case will then be set for trial.
Convictions on Violations do not include jail time. For this reason, trials are tried in front of the Judge only. The city will not provide an attorney to you.
You may hire an attorney at your own expense; and must inform the city 15 days or more prior to your trial.
- You will present your case.
- The police officer will present the City’s case.
- The Judge will rule on the evidence presented to him.
THE COURT DOES NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE.
IF YOU HAVE LEGAL QUESTIONS OF ANY KIND, CONTACT AN ATTORNEY.